Coping With Worry
Are you a worrier?
It’s not quite the happiest of New Years. Financial difficulties. Looming recession. The flu bug that’s going around. Wars and disasters on the TV.
Lots of challenging situations for all of us, but if you are a worrier it’s just so much worse. As if the reality of the situation wasn’t bad enough you can’t stop worrying about it.
“Completely new strategies for dealing with worry and difficult situations. I came with an open mind and have realised the benefits of the techniques”
Do any of these statements apply to you?
You’re not able to calm down: You would like to be relaxed and resourceful, to be at your best, but so many things prey on your mind. Other people seem to be able to get on with things but somehow you seem to worry instead.
You imagine the worse: Do you spend time vividly imagining how things can go wrong. Painting dramatic pictures of troubles to come and living out those horrible situations (that probably will never happen) in full emotional detail.
You feel anxious far more than you should: All this worrying makes you feel anxious. Your stomach may knot or churn as you pre-live yet another disaster, maybe your breathing is constricted or your shoulders hurt. All these feelings just make it seem worse.
You just can’t stop worrying: Once you start worrying (and it’s so easy to start) you are off on the worry-go-round and it’s very difficult to get off. You may have been for some treatments or done some relaxation. For a while the worry ebbs away and you feel better but it doesn’t last for long. As soon as you leave the health club or the yoga class the worry creeps back and takes over.
You feel out of control: It’s almost as if your mind has been taken over by worry and is no longer under your control. You just have to sit there and take what it does.
Fortunately there are ways to dismantle the worry machine and to reduce it’s impact.
“This training was very practical and I saw results immediately therefore believe it works. Good groups size and approachable and friendly trainers”
People who attend our courses find that they can:
Feel calm: Our students sometimes find it surprising how easily they can swap one feeling for another. It seems a bit unlikely that you could swap the feeling of anxiety for a sense of calm, but it is possible (even easy) if you know how.
Stop worry in it’s tracks: If you couldn’t stop the worry before now it’s because you didn’t know how. Once you know how, you can derail the worry and choose more useful thought processes.
Get back control of your mind: People who attend our courses tell us that they start to feel more in control of what their minds are doing. Rather than just accepting what is going on they are able to make changes to the way they experience their lives.
Gain greater peace of mind: If you are good at being worried then it is possible for you to be good at peace of mind. Getting back control of your mind, being able to stop worry in it’s tracks and being able to calm down quickly and easily will allow you far greater peace of mind.
So how do we do this?
There are three ways in which our one day course makes it possible for you to worry so much less.
- It’s practical. We don’t spend a day giving you lectures and telling you all about worry, you already probably know far more than you want to. We show you how to relieve the worry.
- It’s effective. We teach you strategies and techniques that work. All the skills and techniques we teach you are based on NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming). In the thirty years that NLP has been in use a wide variety of very effective strategies for dealing with worry have been developed. We show you how to use them.
- It’s useable. We teach you strategies you can use. We teach you how to take charge of your mind whenever you want to. All the strategies are simple to learn and to use. Our aim is that you go away from the workshop with everything you need to know to deal with worry whenever it rears it’s ugly head. You won’t need to phone us, or read a book, or attend another course. You’ll just be able to do it.
“Very helpful! Class size just right. Both Andy and Nigel are lovely!”
How does this course work?
In this one day course we will show you how to use these techniques in the following ways.
- Demonstrations: We’ll show you how in live examples.
- Exercises: We’ll have you practice with other people so you can master the skills.
- Handouts: We’ll give you comprehensive notes and guidelines so that you can take them away to refer to if you need to.
- You don’t need to know anything about NLP to attend this course.
- You don’t need to have to talk over at great length all the things you worry about, these techniques can be learned with very little self-disclosure.
- However we do need you to join in with like minded folks and be willing to do the exercises to take back control of your life.
Where, When and How Much?
The course will be held at The Bodywork Centre in picturesque Hexham on Friday 29th May from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm.
The cost for this full one day workshop is just £69.00. A small price for a great deal of benefit
How do I book?
To book a place on this course:
Call Andy on 0191 478 2726 or Book online now